Bonjour, Guten Tag, Hola, Hello!
I am Mrs. Osterkamp. I work with students at all grade levels; however, most of the students I work with are in first through eighth grade. The students I work with may need extra time to complete their work or may need it presented in a different manner. Some of the students I work with are totally into farming while some are totally into video games. I like to encourage the students to explore their interests and to share their adventures with others.
I attended the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse where I earned my Bachelor of Science degree in Elementary/Middle Level Education and my Master of Science degree in Special Education-Learning Disabilities. When I am not at school or planning for my classes, I am spending time with my family. My husband, Alex, and I have two sons, Jerrod and Harrison. One of our favorite places to spend time is at my parents’ camper along the Mighty Mississippi River. It is our home away from home. Going to zoos, museums, and historical sites is another pastime that my family enjoys. We are members of the Milwaukee County Zoo and the Putnam Museum (in Davenport, Iowa). My sons also keep us busy with going to their sporting events. I am still learning the rules for all the variations of wrestling ( Folkstyle, Greco Roman, and Freestyle). You are never too old to learn new things!
Just in case you wanted to know more about me, here are some random tidbits about me:
- My favorite zoo to visit is the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha, Nebraska.
- My favorite museum to visit is the Field Museum in Chicago, Illinois.
- I have been to the Professional Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio 4 times.
- I have been interested in Ancient Egypt since I was 4 years old.
- Watching movies at a drive-in theater is my favorite way to watch movies.
- I grew up in Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin.
Besides our Hornets, I cheer for the Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers, Wisconsin Badgers, and Dale Earnhardt Jr.